This is the walk through for setting up an FSG Google Workspace account for
Mail for Windows 10
Outlook Mail for Windows 10
– The below is From the Microsoft Support page: “If you have Windows 10 or a later version and you sign in with a Microsoft account that has an Outlook.com, Live, Hotmail, or MSN address, that account is added to the Mail and Calendar apps. You can add that email account and many other email accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps to start sending and receiving email and creating and managing events.
Add a new email account
- Select Start , enter Mail, and choose the app from the results.
- If this is the first time you’ve opened the Mail app, you’ll see a Welcome page. Select Add account to get started.If you’ve used the Mail app before, at the bottom of the left navigation pane, select Settings , and then choose Manage Accounts.
Note: On a phone or tablet, tap the three dots at the bottom of the page to access Settings.
- Select Add account.
- Choose the type of the account you want to add.
- You may need to scroll down in the Add an account dialog box to view all options.
- If you choose Google, you’ll need to sign in to your Google account, enter your 2-step verification code if you’ve enabled that security feature, and give Windows permission to access your information. Select Allow and your account will be created.
- If you choose another email account, you’ll need to follow the special instructions under Special instructions for other accounts below.
- Enter the required information and select Sign in. For most accounts, this is your email address, password, and the account name. The account name is what you’ll see in both the left pane of the Mail app and in the Manage Accounts pane.
Note: If you receive the message “We couldn’t find info for that account. Make sure that the email address is correct and then try again,” you’ll need to select Try again three times before the button changes to Advanced. Select Advanced and follow the steps in the next section to add your account.
- Select Done. Your data will start syncing as soon as your account is set up.
Note: It may take a few minutes for your account to synchronize. During this time, you may see “Not synced yet” in the message pane. If this message persists, you can learn how to resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps.
Add an account using advanced setup
There are two ways you can access the Advanced setup options for your email account.
- Select Advanced setup if your automatic email setup fails in Step 3 above.
- Select Advanced setup from the Choose an account window in Step 2 above. The Advanced setup option is the last option on the list, and you may have to scroll to see it.You can choose an Exchange ActiveSync account or an Internet email account. Unless your administrator has instructed you to use Exchange ActiveSync, select Internet email.
Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.
- Email address This is the name you’ll see in the left pane of the Mail app.
- User name This is your full email address.
- Password Enter your email account password.
- Account name This is the name you’ll see in the left pane of the Mail app and in the Manage Accounts pane. You can choose any name you want.
- Send your messages using this name Enter the name you want recipients to see when they receive your message.
- Incoming email server You can get this information from your ISP or administrator. Usually, an incoming mail server address is in the format of mail.contoso.com or imap.google.com. For many email accounts, you can find this information in our POP and IMAP server name reference.
- Account type Choose POP3 or IMAP4. Most email accounts use IMAP4. If you don’t know which one to choose, contact your ISP.
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server You can get this information from your ISP or administrator. Usually, an outgoing email server address is in the format of mail.contoso.com or smtp.contoso.com.
- By default, all four checkboxes at the bottom of the window will be selected. Most email accounts don’t require any changes to these options.
Your email provider can give you the settings you need to fill in the Advanced setup but you can also go to the POP and IMAP server name reference we’ve provided for the most popular email providers.
After you’ve entered the required information, select Sign in > Done.
If you’re having problems setting up your account, try the following.
Other Set up Options
Setting up on Apple Mail for Mac
Setting up on iPhone and iPad
Fish Stewarding Group is bearing the weight of messaging, strategy, finance and development by coming along side. FSG is stewarding strategic solutions by only building authoritative businesses with authentically sound people.
Fish Stewarding Group Branches Include:
FSG Messaging & Optics
FSG Living Buildings
FSG Living Homes
FSG Living Roads
Gardens of Tye
649 Scott Street
Tye, Texas, 79563-2225,
United States of America
© 2023 Fish Stewarding Group/FSG Development. All Rights Reserved ® ℗